Monday, October 28, 2013

My friends call me MF....

This weird thing happened in the past couple years.  More and more people are calling me MF and MF'er.  I grew up my entire life with no one but my dad calling me MF.  Now people shout MF across a room or in a very less than full ball park and you get looks of horror and embarrassed laughs.  I think it is funny and I love it because it usually brings a smile to the face of the person calling me MF.  It is nothing more than a term of endearment. 

Sorry for the delay in posting something delicious for you.  I worked all weekend, so this is the first opportunity.  The weather has turned cool here, and we were jonesing for some chili.  It was fantastic and quick......kids really loved it too.

Beef, Pork and Bean Chili

1 1/2 lb meatloaf blend meat (mixture of ground beef and ground pork)
1 jar roasted red peppers
1 1/2 cups diced onions
2 TBLS chili powder
1 can black beans, drained
1 can chili beans, undrained
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
salt and pepper

Start heating couple tablespoons of oil in a large stock pot.  Coarsely chop roasted red peppers and dice onions.  Add to pot with chili powder and cook until onions are tender.  Add meat and cook until done.  Stir in beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce and salt and pepper.  Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 15 minutes.

I served mine in a bread bowl, but put it over rice if you want.  Add cheese and sour cream.  You can even add hot sauce to heat it up a bit.  Mine simmered for much longer than 15 minutes because I forgot about it, but it was still great. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment