Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I was "that" person last night....

We had a busy afternoon/evening last night, so when we got home from Scouts at 7:45,  I sprinted to my room to change into my ratty tee shirt and PJ pants.  We had just finished dinner and Maggie yells down the stairs, "the hair dryer just turned off and there is smoke coming out of it".  The first thought that went through my head was not, "Are you ok? Do you have any hair left on your head?"  rather "Are you friggen' kidding me?  I have to change out of my ratty, comfortable clothes and go get a damn hairdryer?"   I just could not bring myself to change back into my clothes, so I threw a coat on and the closest shoes and off I went to  Walgreens to get a new hair dryer. 



photo.JPG

Yep, paisley patterned pants and zebra print clogs.  I did apologize to the cashier...she didn't care and quite frankly neither did I.

In honor of my comfy clothes, here is a soup recipe that is comfy too!  I got this recipe at one of my bridal showers 17 years ago and I still make it several times a year.  It freeze beautifully too!  Thanks to Richie Hilbert for the yum!  xoxox

Ground Beef Vegetable Soup

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
2 onions, chopped
1 pkg frozen green beans
1 can shoe peg corn
1 pkg frozen lima beans
1 can tomatoes, cut up
2 cans tomato soup
1 1/2 soup cans of water
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste

Brown meat and onions, drain fat.  In a large pot mix everything together.  Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer 2 or more hours, covered and stirring occasionally.

Remember that this freezes very well.  Serve it with grilled cheese or salad or just a hunk of bread.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment