Thursday, March 5, 2009

Holy Batman...

Today's entry is in honor of my crazy, new friend Martha. Martha is an absolute riot and the sayings that come out of her mouth are second to none. Martha and I sit and chat most Tuesday and Thursday afternoons while Maggie is in dance. Martha owns a children's consignment store in Rock Hill, SC, so if you are ever this way let me know and I will hook you up with her. Not only the deals you will find on great clothes, but her fabulous southern wit will make the fact that you went to Rock Hill worth it!

So today, Martha and I were chatting about great dinner dishes. The subject of pork tenderloins came up, as that is what is on the menu at my house tonight. In the course of chatting, I remembered this amazing "Slap your Momma", "Holy Batman", "Fantabulous" recipe for pork tenderloin.

If you are Catholic and observing no meat Fridays, make this on Saturday otherwise sprint to the store this instant to get the ingredients for Friday night's dinner. Y'all, no lie, it is that incredible!

Here goes...

Cinnamon Pork Tenderloin

2 lb pork tenderloin

Mix together:
4 Tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tablespoons sherry (cooking sherry is fine)
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons dry mustard

Put pork tenderloin in roasting pan and pour the above mixture over it.

Bake at 325 for 1 hour or until internal temperature is 160. Baste the pork about every 15 minutes while it is cooking.

Franny's notes:
I always have this one of 2 ways. The first way is just sliced and served with garlic cheese grits. The second way is to slice it very thinly and serve on rolls for entertaining. Either way you cannot go wrong. Next crucial point....if you do not have an electronic meat thermometer go get one now! All these years that I have been making this, come to find out that I have also been cooking it way too long. This little gadget is a meal saver. Mine is Taylor brand, but I think that Pampered Chef also makes one. One of the best things about it is that when the meat reaches the temperature that you have set on the thermometer it sets off this buzzer that doesn't quit until you go stop it.

Enjoy and let me know how you like it and what you serve with it, because I am sure I lost over half my meager audience when I said to serve it with grits! xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment