Saturday, February 21, 2009

What is this about?!

OK y'all, so after many requests for several recipes, I decided that the easiest way to get them to you was to just create a blog. Welcome to Franny's Favorites. Like the name? I thought it was catchy and reminded me of my oldest and dearest friends. I will post my favorites on here as I come across them. Feel free to tell me what you think of them.....the good, bad and the ugly!

For those that read this who may not know me, I am a mom to Maggie and Quinn and wife to Brian. I grew up in Richmond, VA, moved to Boston, MA after I got married, and we are now settled in upstate SC. For as long as I can remember, I have loved to cook. When I was in my early 20's I had a small baking business called 'A Smackeral of Love'. I did this mostly out of my parents kitchen. Once I got married and left Richmond, I lost my baking focus. In the past several years I have found that passion again. I am more than thrilled to be sharing recipes with you. To me that is the greatest compliment! I will also try to put in kitchen products that I love and will never be without in my kitchen.

I will be including all different kinds of recipes, not just baked goods....although they are my favorite! I may even post what I am fixing for dinner, if I think it is worth your time. This mama is all about keeping things fairly simple, especially at the end of the day! Feel free to send me your recipes as well, and I will post them up here and give you props, after all who doesn't want props?!

I am putting this disclaimer in, that I really do not know what I am doing with this whole Blog thing, but I am sure that as I go along, I will get better at it, so please have patience. xoxox

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to try some! LQH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so first off thanks for including me on your inaugural blog. How cool is this for you!!! I am really impressed and honestly you can sense your passion with cooking in your writing and you intermingled your dry wit, that I personally love. Hope this goes well, keep it up and I will stay tuned!!!Kim B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome girl! I love it and for anyone reading this, I can vouch 100 times over that Franny's baking/cooking is top notch. I'm a neighbor and love the goodies we get! Great job with this and can't wait to see the recipies you share. I am looking through this more, but if you haven't put up the one with the meatloaf in the crock pot/with foil, you know the one I'm talking about, that needs to be up here. I still can remember the smell of your home the day I came over and seen it! Yummmm..... Misti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I always loved your cakes and goodies when we worked together, I know you'll be posting some great recipes

    ABY

    ReplyDelete